Senior SQL Developer
BDSwiss is one of Europe’s leading financial institutions specializing in Forex/CFDs trading.
We create a unique work environment that promotes innovation, team spirit and stability by establishing a corporate culture with the values performance, integrity, transparency and diversity at its core. At the heart of all this lies our team, which is creative, possesses strong leadership skills and is 100% committed to our goals.
We are at an exciting stage as we diversify into new markets and we are looking for an experienced Senior SQL Developer to join our Business Intelligence team.
- Assist with the writing and optimization in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
-Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Proven experience working with Postgres and MySQL
- Good experienced at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git